surabaya city tour
Surabaya City Tour Package and destination – Surabaya is the capital of Jawa Timur (East Java) and the second-largest-city in Indonesia with a population over 3 million, located on north east Java island and along the edge of the Madura Island Strait.
The city is known as city of heroes due to the importance of the Battle of Surabaya in support galvanizing Indonesian and internationalized supporter for Indonesian independence during the Indonesian National Revolution. Surabaya was once the largest city in “VOC” Dutch East Indies and virtually the center of trading in the nation, exceeding those of Batavia, competing with Singapore and Hong Kong.Surabaya city tour can start from Airport, Harbor or any destination that you prefer. below we describe the most famous destination.
SURABAYA TOUR PACKAGE
- House of Sampoerna This museum at “old Surabaya”‚ this stately Dutch colonial-style compound was built in 1862 and is now a preserved historical site. Previously used as orphanage by the Dutch‚it was purchased in 1932 by Liem Seeng Tee‚ the first founder of Sampoerna company‚ with the intent of it being used as home made Sampoerna first major cigarette production facility.
- Museum (Santet) Kesehatan dr. Adhyatma, MPH (Dr. Adhyatma Health Museum),A museum built in the 1990s oriented towards the history of human health and sanitation especially traditional method of healing.
- Gereja Kelahiran Santa Perawan Maria. The oldest church in Surabaya. Beautiful glasses panels and serene surroundings.
- Hok An Kiong Chinese Temple (Klenteng Jalan Coklat). Excellent example of an oldest Chinese Southeast Asian temple, built in the early 19th century. Numerous old wooden carvings and statues from around the area. Just ask a cyclo push or becak to bring you to “Jalan Coklat” and you’ll see a bright red temple building. After that, walk westward then north through some of the city’s numerous beauty of old colonial commercial architecture.
- Monumen Kapal Selam KRI Pasopati (410), A Soviet-built submarine display which used in the Indonesian Navy since 1962. Launched in 1952, and since her decommissioning in 1990 has been used as a monument. The body/hull was slightly cut for stairs & door made public entrance & viewing more easy. Beside the monument there is a place where a short film about the history of the submarine can be viewed. It is located beside the river next to Delta Plaza. You also can see the new Suroboyo monument near the river.
- Surabaya Cathedral (Katedral Hati Kudus Yesus), center of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Surabaya, established on 15 February 1928 as the Apostolic area of Surabaya from the Apostolic Vicariate of Batavia, declared on 16 October 1941 as Apostolic Vicariate of Surabaya, promoted on 3 January 1961 as the Diocese of Surabaya, and undername as such 22 August 1973. The local area apparently includes 150,457 (5%) Catholics.
- Kebun Binatang Surabaya or Zoo (Bonbin), 3 km south of the city centre (near Bus terminal Joyoboyo). Was one of the largest and best in Southeast Asia, until mismanagement of the local zoo lead to death and suffering of its animal collection. You also can see the Suroboyo monument near the zoo entrance.
- The Suramadu Bridge (Jembatan Suramadu), also known as the Surabaya-Madura Bridge, is a cable-stayed bridge which connects Surabaya on the island of Java and the town of Bangkalan on the island of Madura. The bridge has been open for the public since 2009.
- Tugu Pahlawan A monument dedicated to the fallen heroes of Surabaya during the Independence war of 1945-49. It is located in front of the Governor official building at Jl.Pahlawan.
Surabaya city tour takes from 4 Hour until 2 days depend on what attraction and place you takes…
feel free to contact us if there anything you want to ask and suggest for better development.
Another Surabaya City Tour Package eg Village or Kampong Tour
1. Transport with full air conditioner.
2. Local English Speaking guide.
4. Daily Refreshment.
5. Entrances fees & Donation.
6. Toll and Parking.
1. Personal expenses.